Effective Date: Oct 10, 2014
Any customer intending to use the Site is requested to read this Policy carefully prior to any use of the Site, as this Policy shall apply to any use of the UXPin software-as-a-service located at the Site. If you shall not agree to any provisions of this Policy, please refrain from using the Site. Full text of this Policy is available at the Site and each customer is fully entitled to download, store and record this Policy.
Please note that your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of this Policy as set forth below:
- Collected Information. The information collected during your use of the Site includes the following:
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Site, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your Site account. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Site, as well as server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site.
- Tracking and Third-Party Cookies. Like many websites, the Site does not respond to “do not track” browser headers. But you can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored.
- Use of Information. We internally use the information we collect about you as follows:
- Account Maintenance. We may otherwise use the collected information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to create and maintain a Site account for you or to respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use the collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Site to you.
- Updates and Troubleshooting. We may also use the collected information to contact you regarding updates or modifications to the Site, to help troubleshoot problems or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site.
- Personalized Content. We may use the collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences. We may also analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site in order to help us improve the Site and develop and improve other products and services.
- Promotional Offers. We may use the collected information to provide you with promotional materials and offers. However, we will give you the ability to opt out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent, which shall be voluntary - the absence of such consent shall in no way limit your ability to use the Service.
- Disclosure of Information. We share and disclose the information we collect about you as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We use contractors and third-party service providers who may collaborate with us on development or maintenance of the Site and such third-party contractors or service providers may obtain access to the information you provide, including personally identifiable information. We shall inform you of such disclosure if it should involve any personal data of a natural person. The third-party contractors or service providers are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with such third parties.
- Advertising Services Providers. We use services provided by AdRoll and Perfect Audience in order to service ads across the web to users after they leave the Site. This is a common advertising practice often called "retargeting". As such, when you visit the Site, you may receive a cookie from AdRoll and/or Perfect Audience so that these services can recognize your browser on third party websites for purposes of showing you an advertisement that we have selected. For more information on these services and your choices, please visit http://www.adroll.com/about/privacy and http://www.perfectaudience.com/privacy/.
- Business Arrangements. We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- Legal Requirement. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or property of UXPin, our customers and/or third parties.
- Affiliates. We may disclose this information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
- Disclosure by You. We provide you with the ability to share information relating to your usage of the Site via a link that you can share with others on external websites. If you choose to engage in such sharing, please be aware that your submission of such information will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of that other website (if any) and that we cannot control how third parties who access such information may use or disclose it.
- Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date. We will treat your continued use of the Site following such change as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
- Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your account and view or amend your account information at any time. To the extent you decline to share certain information with us, we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionalities found on the Site. Please note that while changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active customer databases, we may retain all of your information.
- Security. The information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your personal or usage information.
- Children Under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Site is not directed at children under 18. If you are a parent and believe your child under the age of 13 has used the Site and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site, please contact us at the email and address provided in Section 10 of this Policy and we will work to delete that Site account.
- Transfer as Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving UXPin, the information we possess, including personally identifiable information, shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Transfer to the U.S. or Other Countries. UXPin uses facilities in the United States and Poland. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States, Poland or other countries where UXPin has facilities. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
- Personal Data of Natural Persons. Be advised that any personal data regarding natural persons that you may share with us due to your use of the Site (the "Personal Data") will be handled and secured in accordance with applicable provisions of law, that is, laws of the State of California or laws of Republic of Poland (depending on where such data will be obtained and processed), in particular, provisions of Polish Act of 29th August 1997 on the Personal Data Protection. You are fully entitled to benefit from protection deriving from the applicable laws stated above - in particular, please be advised of the following:
- UXPin Sp. o.o. shall be the administrator of any Personal Data that you may share with us,
- We shall cease to process your Personal Data after your subscription to use the Services elapses or is terminated, with exception stated in item 3) below,
- After your subscription to use the Services elapses or is terminated, we may only process your Personal Data as required for: a) calculation of the Service and submitting any possible claims for payments for the Service that may be due to us; b) determinations regarding any forbidden or unlawful use of the Service; c) fulfill any particular obligations or entitlements deriving from applicable laws; d) marketing, promotion and market or consumer preference research or for business or Service development - in this last example - with your separate consent and only until such consent is withdrawn, which you are entitled to do at any time,
- We have implemented and continue to ensure that any Personal Data that you may share with us is secured with SSL encryption, which aim to prevent any unauthorized third party from coming into possession or modifying any electronically transmitted Personal Data,
- You are fully entitled to modify and even delete any Personal Data you have provided us with - in order to do so please communicate your request with an email sent to: email@example.com or send us a letter to the business address of our Company indicated above.
- Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the business address of our Company indicated above.